Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Cornflake Brittle
- Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
This cheesecake comes with an extra crunch, and uses white, milk, and dark chocolate for triple the flavour!
540g Vegan milk chocolate, broken up
360g Soft cheese
440ml Double cream
180g White chocolate, broken up
110g Dark chocolate, broken up
25g Vegan ‘butter'
- To make the base, put 240g vegan milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan that’s about a third full of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water).
- Stir the chocolate over the heat until almost melted; remove from the heat and keep stirring with a spatula until fully liquid.
- Cool for 1 min, then combine with 140g cornflakes, mix well.
- Press the mixture into a lined 23cm cake tin.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Make the brittle topping by melting 200g vegan milk chocolate, as before, and mixing with 100g cornflakes.
- When combined, spread on the tray and leave to set for 30 mins (put it in the fridge if it’s a hot day).
- Once set, break the brittle into chunks.
- To make the first layer, melt 100g vegan milk chocolate, as before, then add to a deep bowl along with 180g soft cheese.
- Use an electric hand whisk to combine (if you don’t have an electric whisk, bring the cheese to room temperature before beating to make it easier).
- In a separate bowl, whisk 160ml double cream to soft peaks, then fold into the cheese mixture.
- Spread over the set base, smoothing it out as much as possible.
- Return to the fridge and leave to set for 30 mins to 1 hr.
- For the second layer, repeat steps for the first layer, this time using the white chocolate, 180g soft cheese, and 180ml double cream.
- For the third layer, put the dark chocolate and butter in a deep bowl.
- In a small saucepan, warm 100ml double cream over a low heat until just simmering.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and butter, leave for 30 secs, then whisk until combined; it should be smooth, silky and shiny.
- Cool for 1 min, then pour over the set cheesecake.
- Decorate with the cornflake brittle, return to the fridge and leave to set for 30 mins to 1 hr.
Check your cornflakes, Kellogg's aren't vegan, I use Whole Earth Organic ones. Also for the soft cheese I'd use the vegan Philadelphia. Any vegan double cream will work too!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours (fridge)
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Fridge
Recipe originally posted by Ocado (click here to view it and add all these products to your Ocado shopping)