Wetherspoon's are kicking butt with their vegan menu options now. They have recently added even more to their menu. In updating this list, it's amazing to see just how many options there are now!
Check out the items below that are suitable for vegans:
New Photo below Warning Info Options
Last updated: 03 Jan 2021
- Beans on Toast – Ask for this without the butter. Choose white or brown bread.
- Small Beans on Toast – Ask for this without the butter. Choose white or brown bread.
- Smashed Avocado on Muffin – Avocado, guacamole, and pico de gallo.
- Smashed Avocado on Toast – Avocado, guacamole, and pico de Gallo. This isn't on the menu, but they will usually make it if you ask at the till.
- Vegan Breakfast – Two Quorn vegan sausages, baked beans, two hash browns, mushroom, tomato, and a slice of toast with vegan spread. Add blueberries, strawberries, and/or banana.
- Quorn Sausage Butty – Ask for this without the butter. Choose white or brown bread.
- Toast and Preserves – Ask for this without the butter. Choose white or brown bread, and either strawberry jam or marmalade.
- Sides and Extras:
- Potato scone
- Quorn vegan sausage
- Two hash browns
- Two mushrooms
- Baked beans
- Two grilled tomato halves
- Slice of toast Ask for this without the butter.
- Strawberry jam
- 8″ Vegan Roasted Vegetable Pizza – Pizza topped with mushroom, roasted pepper, courgette, onion, and basil.
- Topped Chips with Chip Shop-Style Curry Sauce
- Topped Chips with Five-bean Chilli – This isn't on the menu, but they will usually make it if you ask at the till.
- Nachos – With cheese, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and sliced chillies. Ask for this without the cheese and sour cream.
- Quorn Nuggets – Eight Quorn ‘chicken' nuggets with sweet chilli dip.
- Tomato and Basil Soup – Ask for this without the butter. Choose white or brown bread.
- Quorn Nuggets Wrap – With tomato, cucumber, salsa.
- Side salad
- Bowl of Tomato and Basil Soup
- Jacket Potato with Five-bean Chilli – Served with salad.
- Jacket Potato with Baked Beans – Served with salad.
- Jacket Potato with Roasted Vegetables – Served with salad.
- Jacket Potato with Vegan Coleslaw – Served with salad.
- Beyond Burger – Burger with a Beyond Meat plant-based patty, served with chips. Add five-bean chilli, guacamole, BBQ sauce, and/or garlic & herb dip.
- Gourmet Fiesta Burger – Burger with a Beyond Meat plant-based patty, salsa, guacamole, roasted pepper, courgette, and onion, served with chips and onion rings. Add a side salad, five-bean chilli, BBQ sauce, and/or garlic & herb dip.
Salads and Pasta
- Mediterranean Salad – Pearl barley, quinoa, butternut squash, wheat berries, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, kale, pumpkin seeds, basil, and dressing. Add roasted vegetables.
- 11″ Vegan Roasted Vegetable Pizza – Pizza topped with mushroom, roasted pepper, courgette, onion, and basil. Customise it with red onion, sliced chillies, BBQ sauce, extra mushrooms, pineapple, sliced tomato, avocado, garlic & herb dip, and/or roasted vegetables.
- Five-bean Chilli – Served with rice and tortilla chips.
- Vegan Sausages, Chips, and Beans – Three Quorn vegan sausages served with chips and beans.
- Mangalorean Roasted Cauliflower & Spinach Curry – Made with a south Indian tangy creamed coconut sauce, roasted cauliflower, potato, spinach and red peppers, finished with fenugreek leaves, served with basmati pilau rice, plain naan bread, and poppadums. Don't order the garlic naan bread upgrade.
- Simple Mangalorean Roasted Cauliflower & Spinach Curry – Made with a south Indian tangy creamed coconut sauce, roasted cauliflower, potato, spinach and red peppers, finished with fenugreek leaves. Served with either basmati pilau rice or chips.
Curry Club (Thursdays)
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea, and Spinach Curry – Served with basmati pilau rice, plain naan bread, and poppadums. Don't order the garlic naan bread upgrade. Only available on Thursdays as part of Curry Club.
Chicken Club (Wednesdays)
- Quorn Nuggets – With a choice of sticky soy sauce, sriracha hot sauce, BBQ sauce, or vegan gravy, served with either chips, side salad, or Mexican-style rice.
- Five-bean Chilli – Served with Mexican rice.
- Jacket Potato – With no-added-sugar baked beans, roasted vegetables, or five-bean chilli.
- Quorn Vegan Sausages – With either jacket potato or chips.
- Quorn Nuggets – With either jacket potato or chips.
- Vegan Pizza – Pizza topped with roasted pepper, courgette, and onion.
- Roasted Vegetables – Pepper, courgette, and onion.
- Cucumber Sticks and Tomato Wedges
- No-Added-Sugar Baked Beans
- Strawberry Bear Yoyo
- Onion Rings – Six or twelve
- Vegan Coleslaw
- Bowl of Chips
- Bowl of Chips with Curry Sauce
- Chip Seasoning
- Side Salad
- Mediterranean Side Salad
- Mushy Peas
- Baked Beans
- Pilau Rice
- Mexican Rice
- Hash Browns
- Roasted vegetables
- Chip Shop-Style Curry Sauce
- Plain Naan – Only available on Thursdays as part of Curry Club.
- British Bramley Apple Crumble – Served with ice cream or custard. Ask for no ice cream or custard.
- Chocolate & Salted Caramel Tart – Vegan chocolate cookie crust, chocolate & salted caramel filling, dairy-free ice cream made with coconut milk, fresh strawberry.
For more info, please check the Wetherspoon's website
If you have any updates or comments about this, please add them below, we want this to be as updated as possible so any tips you have will be greatly appreciated!
First written: 24 Jun 2015
Last updated:03 Jan 2022
The chickpea & sweet potato curry is SFV if the naan is swapped out for extra poppadoms! Also, the burrito is too – as far as I’m aware – as long as it’s ordered without cheese and sour cream 🙂
They also do the Sweet Potato curry – if ordered without naan and extra popadoms instead.
The Jacket Potato with beans is usually found on the children’s menu (and cheaper 🙂 )
I eat there once a month or so, and for such a huge chain there isn’t much vegan 🙁
Yep,very poor choice for vegans- don’t understand why some people seem to get excited by this
Because before this there was one vegan option (the chickpea curry without naan. Oh and the chips, but that’s not really a meal) so this is pretty good.
Wetherspoons have a leaflet which lists what’s in each food item, you just need to ask them for it. When I last checked a couple of years ago the veggie burger wasn’t vegan, regardless of the cheese – it had egg in the ingredients.
This might help you too.
Omg! The veggie burger form Wheterspoon is not vegan?? They told me that is vegan and I didn’t notice any cheese taste in the burger! I’m really sad because I usually go there with because is cheap… I’m so sad right now..
It’s cruel isn’t it! You just cant listen to the staff 🙁
As someone who works there, it isn’t a common question and most members of staff don’t know weather it is or not so will just say yes to keep everyone happy and make life easier for ourselves. we don’t get paid enough to care. Do your own research on the website
What a terrible attitude! You should be ashamed of yourself Jessica. Just because you don’t get paid enough, you feel happy to put your customers at risk. I bet you wouldn’t have this attitude if your recklesness came with a huge lawsuit and being fired, would you. But what do I expect? Ethics from someone who can’t even spell properly.
I also work at wetherspoons and I can tell you everyone at my pub goes out of their way to find out the answer before telling a vegan they can eat cheese
I’ll add that you cannot ask for the superfood pasta without the pesto, and I’m pretty sure our bread contains milk powder so don’t order that either!
Just saw you on YG LGBTIQA, love the idea of vegan eating at restaurants 🙂 I generally avoid pubs because it’s rare they do anything vegetarian, let alone vegan
The 5 bean chili has quorn in, so it isn’t vegan sorry (just checked with my boyfriend who works in ‘spoons!)
Thanks Susie, I have updated the post now 🙂
You can have the burrito ‘naked’ which means it doesn’t have the three bean chilli in or any other filling – it’s still really nice with rice, chilli sauce and vegetables.
Also, sorry to say but they have released a new menu now and it doesn’t include the freedom salad anymore 🙁
Apparently you can’t separate the pesto from the superfood pasta but they said it was fine anyway…
Hey do you know which of the foods you have listen are gluten free? Thanks xx
Hi Alba, it looks like these are your options:
Side salad without dressing
Corn on the cob without butter
It also looks like the Poppadums and dips is ok, but only with the mango chutney and salad tomato (no dressing)
You could bodge a meal out of these, but it wouldn’t be great 🙁
Wetherspoons todayatbrighton Marina
“Do you have a vegan breakfast?”
” Yes it has Veggie sausages ”
They aren’t vegan what is the vegan option?
The normal breakfast without bacon
So it’s. A normal breakfast but with one thing take off?
Can. We add something. Like a portion of mushrooms ?
No we don’t do that but.. You can have the egg with it
Never mind … Are the Vegue burgers Vegan? No cheese no egg no dressing?
(Look of non comprehension ands look at the screen)
Yes yes they are no they are vegan
Ok we will have those …
Well gee thanks guys be back to see you soon … Or probably not
This is the issue I had before and if you look above in the comments, you’ll see why :/
I think your post sounds far too positive for this lazy and limited selection of vegan food from Wetherspoons. Yes, let’s encourage big chains but really, baked potato and beans, pasta in a plain tomato sauce and nachos with so little else it’s effectively a plate of tortilla crisps, and small portion of chick pea curry, rice and a popadom. Twenty years ago I might have been more impressed.
This is very true! But they have gone from being one of the worst vegan places (and insulting vegans) to at least trying! 😉 Maybe the next menu will be much bigger 🙂
BURRITOS AT WETHERSPOONS ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGANS.
IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS.
My best friend works in the kitchen for wetherspoons, we went for food there and I asked her if the burritos were nice and she said yes but be careful because they’re not strictly vegetarian let a lone vegan.
Visited a Weatherspoons tonight and they said I couldn’t have the Superfood Salad without pesto as it’s already mixed in.
I work at wetherspoons and we now have a vegan breakfast as well as a humus and roasted vegetable wrap. I’m very excited!! Also, the new gourmet vegetable pizza can be made vegan by removing the cheese (as always).
My Vegan breakfast at wetherspoons in hatfield this morning was served without toast.
Apparently they had no brown bread to make the toast.
When I said it was ok to use the white bread, I was told that their white bread is not vegan!
An extra mushroom and v-sausage was given as an alternative but really, what is in that White bread?
After the recent baked beans scandal, I’d have thought ‘spoons would have been totally on top of this issue. Apparently not…
Time for the management to get a serious chef to completely rework this breakfast offering.
Anything deep fried cannot be vegan or even vegetarian as Wetherspoons run their oil through a shared filtration system.
It also sounds like they cook vegetartain/vegan burgers on the same grill as meat!
Although our fryer vats are separated, they do have a shared oil filtration system. The risk of allergen cross-contamination may occur when oil passes through the filter. In addition, the proximity of food items during cooking on our grills may also lead to cross-contamination.”