Wagamama have jumped into Veganuary with even more vegan options on the menu, and they have said 50% of their menu will be veggie by the end of the year! They were also voted as the best high street restaurant for vegans in the latest Vegan Food UK awards, so lets see what we can get!
Check out the items on the menu below that are suitable for vegans:
New Photo below Warning Info Options
Last updated: 06 Jan 2021
- Vegan Chilli ‘Squid' – Lightly battered pulled king oyster mushrooms, shichimi, sticky dipping sauce with fresh chilli and coriander.
- Sticky Vegan ‘Ribs' – Mushroom and soya protein ‘ribs', sweet & spicy sticky sauce, sesame seeds, and spring onion.
- Edamame with Salt – Steamed edamame beans. Served with salt.
- Edamame with Chilli Garlic Salt – Steamed edamame beans. Served with chilli garlic salt.
- Bang Bang Cauliflower – Crispy cauliflower, firecracker sauce, red onion, spring onion, fresh ginger, and coriander.
- Yasai Steamed Gyoza – Yasai steamed dumplings served grilled with a dipping sauce.
- Wok-Fried Greens – Tenderstem broccoli, bok choi, garlic, and soy sauce.
- Vegetable Tempura – Crispy fried tenderstem broccoli, red pepper, sweet potato, and asparagus, topped with wakame and served with a sweet and sour dipping sauce.
- Mixed Mushroom & Panko Aubergine Hirata Steamed Buns – Two small fluffy Asian buns stuffed with mixed mushrooms, panko aubergine, coriander, and vegan mayonnaise.
- Tofu Raisukaree – Mild & citrusy, coconut, mangetout, peppers, red onion, spring onion, sesame seeds, chilli, coriander, fresh lime, and white rice.
- Tofu Firecracker – Bold & fiery, tofu, mangetout, red peppers, green peppers, onion, hot red chillies, sesame seeds, shichimi, fresh lime, and white rice.
- Yasai Katsu Curry – Sweet potato, aubergine + butternut squash coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs, covered in an aromatic curry sauce served with sticky rice and a side salad.
- Hot Yasai Katsu Curry – Vegetables in crispy panko breadcrumbs and covered in spicy curry sauce, sticky white rice, side salad, and Japanese pickles. Spicy!
- Vegatsu – Seitan coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs, covered in an aromatic curry sauce with sticky white rice and a seasoned side salad.
- Hot Vegatsu – Vegan katsu curry, seitan coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs and covered in spicy curry sauce, sticky white rice, side salad, and pickled red onion. Spicy!
- Kare Burosu Ramen – Shichimi-coated silken tofu, grilled mixed mushrooms, pea shoots, carrot, chilli, coriander, udon noodles, in a curried vegetable broth.
- Yasai Yaki Soba With Rice Noodles – Rice noodles, mushrooms, peppers, beansprouts, white onion, spring onion, fried shallots, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds.
- Yasai Yaki Soba With Udon Noodles – Udon noodles, mushrooms, peppers, beansprouts, white onion, spring onion, fried shallots, pickled ginger, and sesame seeds.
- Yasai Pad Thai – Rice noodles, Amai sauce, beansprouts, leeks, chilli, red onion, spring onion, fried shallots, mint, coriander, and fresh lime.
- Avant Gard'n – Barbecue-glazed seitan served with a coconut & sriracha vegan ‘egg', grilled shiitake mushrooms, and asparagus on a bed of brown rice. Topped with edamame beans, carrots, and spring onions. Dressed with a sweet amai sauce and garnished with sesame seeds and fresh lime.
- Miso Soup & Japanese Style Pickles – Light soup flavoured with white miso paste, wakame silken tofu, and thinly sliced spring onions.
- Japanese Pickles – Japanese pickles.
- Chillies – Add a little extra spice.
- Brown Rice – An extra portion of rice.
- Steamed White Rice – An extra portion of rice.
- Sticky White Rice – An extra portion of rice.
- Chocolate Orange Cake – Flourless chocolate orange cake and miso caramel ice cream with chocolate sauce and fresh mint.
- Banana Katsu – Banana in crispy panko breadcrumbs with salted caramel ice cream and toffee sauce.
- Coconut Reika Ice Cream – Coconut ice cream topped with a passion fruit sauce and coconut flakes.
- Miso Caramel Ice Cream – Served with toffee sauce and fresh mint.
- Chocolate & Orange Blossom Ice Cream – Served with a passion fruit coulis and fresh mint.
- Pink Guava & Passion Fruit Sorbet – Served with fresh mint.
- Strawberry & Yuzu Ice Cream – Served with a raspberry compote and fresh mint.
For more info, please check the Wagamama website
If you have any updates or comments about this, please add them below, we want this to be as updated as possible so any tips you have will be greatly appreciated!
First published: 06 Jan 2021
Last updated: 06 Jan 2021