Wagamama have jumped into Veganuary with even more vegan options on the menu, and as promised, 50% of their menu is now plant-based! They were also voted as the best high street restaurant for vegans in the latest Vegan Food UK awards, so let's see what we can get!
Check out the items on the menu below that are suitable for vegans:
New Photo below Warning Info Options
Last updated: 27 Oct 2021
- Vegan Chilli ‘Squid' – Lightly battered pulled king oyster mushrooms, shichimi, sticky dipping sauce with fresh chilli and coriander.
- Sticky Vegan ‘Ribs' – Mushroom and soya protein ‘ribs', sweet & spicy sticky sauce, sesame seeds, and spring onion.
- Edamame with Salt – Steamed edamame beans. Served with salt.
- Edamame with Chilli Garlic Salt – Steamed edamame beans. Served with chilli garlic salt.
- Bang Bang Cauliflower – Crispy cauliflower, firecracker sauce, red onion, spring onion, fresh ginger, and coriander.
- Fried Yasai Gyoza – Yasai steamed dumplings served grilled with a dipping sauce.
- Wok-Fried Greens – Tenderstem broccoli, bok choi, garlic, and soy sauce.
- Spicy Teriyaki Vegan ‘Chicken’ Hirata Bun
- Vegetable Tempura – Crispy fried tenderstem broccoli, red pepper, sweet potato, and asparagus, topped with wakame and served with a sweet and sour dipping sauce.
- Mixed Mushroom & Panko Aubergine Hirata Steamed Buns – Two small fluffy Asian buns stuffed with mixed mushrooms, panko aubergine, coriander, and vegan mayonnaise.
- Raisukaree Tofu – Mild & citrusy, coconut, mangetout, peppers, red onion, spring onion, sesame seeds, chilli, coriander, fresh lime, and white rice.
- Firecracker Tofu – Bold & fiery, tofu, mangetout, red peppers, green peppers, onion, hot red chillies, sesame seeds, shichimi, fresh lime, and white rice.
- Yasai Katsu Curry – Sweet potato, aubergine + butternut squash coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs, covered in an aromatic curry sauce served with sticky rice and a side salad.
- Hot Yasai Katsu Curry – Vegetables in crispy panko breadcrumbs and covered in spicy curry sauce, sticky white rice, side salad, and Japanese pickles. Spicy!
- Vegatsu – Tofu and soya protein in crispy panko breadcrumbs. Aromatic katsu curry sauce, sticky white rice, side salad, and pickled red onion.
- Hot Vegatsu – Vegan katsu curry, seitan coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs and covered in spicy curry sauce, sticky white rice, side salad, and pickled red onion. Spicy!
- Teriyaki Vegan ‘Chicken’ Ramen – Vegan ‘chicken’ in a spicy teriyaki sauce, ramen noodles, sweetcorn, bok choi, chilli sambal paste, spring onion, chilli, coriander, chilli oil, and vegetable broth.
- Spicy Vegan Short ‘Rib’ Ramen – Mushroom + soya protein ‘ribs’ in a sweet + spicy sticky sauce, ramen noodles, roasted bok choi, spring onion, chilli, coriander, sesame seeds, chilli oil, and vegetable broth.
- Kare Burosu Ramen – Shichimi-coated silken tofu, grilled mixed mushrooms, pea shoots, carrot, chilli, coriander, udon noodles, in a curried vegetable broth.
- No Duck Donburi – Shredded seitan + shiitake mushrooms in a cherry hoisin sauce, edamame beans, kimchee, coconut + sriracha vegan ‘egg’, cucumber, spring onion, chillies, coriander, sesame seeds, and brown rice.
- Tofu Harusame Salad – Glass noodles mixed with fried tofu, peashoots, edamame, adzuki beans, red radish, pickled asian slaw, tamari soy dressing, mint, sliced chillies, and coconut thai sprinkle.
- Miso Mixed Vegetable Hiyashi Bowl – Miso stir fried mushrooms, broccoli, and kale, with turmeric roasted cauliflower, tofu & edamame guac, pickled slaw, refreshing glass noodles, sliced radish, fresh coriander + chilli, sesame seeds, and white dressing.
- Shu’s Shiok Jackfruit – Turmeric + ginger marinated jackfruit, roasted and served on a bed of coconut + lemongrass dressed rice, with pickled slaw + radish, chilli, coriander, and caramelised lime.
- Miso Soup & Japanese Style Pickles – Light soup flavoured with white miso paste, wakame silken tofu, and thinly sliced spring onions.
- Japanese Pickles – Japanese pickles.
- Chillies – Add a little extra spice.
- Kimchee – Spicy fermented cabbage + radish with garlic.
- Brown Rice – An extra portion of rice.
- Steamed White Rice – An extra portion of rice.
- Sticky White Rice – An extra portion of rice.
- Plain Soba Noodles – Extra noodles.
- Chilli Sambal Paste
- Coconut + Sriracha Vegan ‘Egg'
- Hot Katsu Sauce
- Katsu Curry Sauce
- Raisukaree Sauce
- Amai Sauce
- Firecracker Sauce
- Chilli Oil
- Chocolate Orange Cake – Flourless chocolate orange cake and miso caramel ice cream with chocolate sauce and fresh mint.
- Banana Katsu – Banana in crispy panko breadcrumbs with miso caramel ice cream and toffee sauce.
- Coconut Reika Ice Cream – Coconut ice cream topped with a passion fruit sauce and coconut flakes.
- Miso Caramel Ice Cream – Served with toffee sauce and fresh mint.
- Mini Yasai Ramen – Thin noodles, vegetable soup, fried tofu, seasonal greens, carrots, and sweetcorn.
- Mini Yasai Ramen With Udon Noodles – Udon noodles, vegetable soup, fried tofu, seasonal greens, carrots, and sweetcorn.
- Mini Yasai Ramen With Rice Noodles – Rice noodles, vegetable soup, fried tofu, seasonal greens, carrots, and sweetcorn.
- Mini Yasai Yaki Soba With Udon Noodles – Udon noodles, fried tofu, sweetcorn, mangetout, peppers, and amai sauce.
- Mini Yasai Yaki Soba With Rice Noodles – Rice noodles, fried tofu, sweetcorn, mangetout, peppers, and amai sauce.
- Mini Yasai Cha Han – Stir-fried white rice, fried tofu, sweetcorn, mangetout, peppers, and amai sauce.
- Mini Yasai Katsu Curry With Curry Sauce – Sweet potato + butternut squash in crispy panko breadcrumbs, sticky white rice, carrots, cucumber, sweetcorn, and katsu curry sauce.
- Mini Yasai Katsu Curry With Amai Sauce -Sweet potato + butternut squash in crispy panko breadcrumbs, sticky white rice, carrots, cucumber, sweetcorn, and amai sauce.
- Little Ko Pop Mango + Apple – Delicious pure fruit ice pop.
- Little Ko Pop Blackcurrant + Apple – Delicious pure fruit ice pop.
For more info, please check the Wagamama website
If you have any updates or comments about this, please add them below, we want this to be as updated as possible so any tips you have will be greatly appreciated!
First published: 06 Jan 2021
Last updated:27 Oct 2021