After years of loving the vegan fudge made by Fudge Kitchen, I saw this kit online and assumed it would only make their dairy fudge, but I had to buy it when I saw that you can use it to make their vegan fudge – but homemade!
The kit comes with the tools you will need (and probably don't have), and you just need to grab a few things from your kitchen to make it work.
What’s contained in the Kit:
- Branded Fudge Kitchen Apron – this is really nice!
- High quality sugar thermometer
- 2 x spatulas
- 1 x Plain fudge batch of dry ingredients
- 1 x Toffee fudge batch of dry ingredients
- 1 x Chocolate fudge batch of dry ingredients
- 3 x wet ingredients sachets
- Step by step Instruction booklet
What you’ll need from your kitchen:
- Soya cream
- Other flavourings of your choice
- Saucepan (preferably heavy based)
- Wooden spoon
- Jug with a little water
- Pallet knife
Method (this is a quick overview to give you an idea!):
- Pour all the ingredients into the pan and stir it all together.
- Turn on the heat and wait til it's reached the temperature.
- Pour it slowly onto a flat heatproof (preferably glass/granite) surface.
- Leave it to cool, and test its coolness by running a pallet knife through it, if it remains ‘open' for a few secs, then you're ready to fold.
- This is the worst bit, it seems to take forever, folding it over itself over and over.
- Eventually it'll look like this, keep going!
- Now its much firmer and ready to leave to cool.
- Once cooled, cut it up!
Click the pics below to expand:
So after making the first batch, which took a couple of hours (but next time should be quicker now we know what we're doing), I am really happy with the results! I'm sure I can make it look nicer next time, but for a first shot, it was great!
The fudge tastes JUST like from the shop, and I'll definitely be making more, and buying the refill kits in the future to be able to make even more!
If you would like to buy one, you can get it from Amazon here:
If you want to win one, check out my giveaway here, but hurry!