Sushi is one of the best cuisines for vegetarians and vegans, despite there being lots of fish involved, there are usually more vegetables used than types of meat and fish! A lot of people are always confused when you tell them that you're veggie and you're gonna go for some sushi, usually you hear “but its all fish!”, because most people don't realise the word sushi means “sour” or “being sour”, not something that implies that it is meaty or fishy!
So, checking the menu, (and eating there probably a little too often!) the following items are suitable for vegans:
Last Updated: 09 May 2019
- Avocado Maki – Avocado & vegan mayo wrapped in a nori roll.
- Cucumber Maki – Crunchy cucumber and toasted sesame seed nori roll.
- Yasai Roll – Inari, avocado, cucumber, cos lettuce and carrot roll, topped with teriyaki & vegan mayo.
- Glazed Aubergine Nigiri – Teriyaki glazed aubergine on sushi rice, wrapped with a nori band.
- Avocado Nigiri – Avocado topped rice with a nori band & a touch of vegan mayo.
- Inari Taco – Golden tofu pockets filled with rice, avocado, ponzu salsa & vegan sriracha mayo.
- Yasai Temaki – Cucumber, inari & avocado with vegan mayo & toasted sesame seeds in a nori rice cone.
- Tenderstem and Sesame – Steamed tenderstem broccoli, served on a rich sesame sauce.
- Edamame – Succulent edamame in their pods. Sprinkled with sea salt & spring onion.
- Kaiso Seaweed – Marinated mixed seaweed, edamame and carrot in a su-miso dressing.
Harusame Aubergine Salad – Fried slices of aubergine in a garlic & ginger sesame soy dressing.
- Vegetable Gyoza – Spinach dumplings filled with cabbage, carrots, edamame & more veggies. Served with soy vinegar.
- Tofu Katsu – Crispy tofu in Japanese panko drizzled with fruity tonkatsu sauce.
- Pumpkin Katsu – Naturally sweet, crispy bites of Japanese pumpkin drizzled with tonkatsu sauce.
- Pumpkin Katsu Curry – Naturally sweet, crispy bites of Japanese pumpkin with mild curry sauce, pickles, spring onion & steamed rice.
- Tofu Katsu Curry – Crispy tofu with mild curry sauce, pickles, spring onion & steamed rice.
- Vegetable Rice – Seasoned sushi rice stir-fried with fresh vegetables and shichimi chilli powder.
Shiitake Mushroom – Fresh noodles in a vegetable broth with sautéed shiitake mushrooms, tofu & pak choi. Topped with pickled onions.
- Vegetable Yakisoba – Fresh yakisoba noodles stir-fried in a tangy sauce served with crunchy vegetables.
- Mushroom Teriyaki Burger – Braised slices of shiitake mushroom in teriyaki sauce, served with cucumber & pickled red onion, in a steamed bao burger.
- Stir-Fried Pak Choi and Garlic – Stir-fried baby pak choi, with garlic, ginger, soy & sesame oil.
Soups and Broths
- Miso Soup – Seaweed, tofu, spring onion, soy bean broth (unlimited refills)
- Chocolate Pot – A delicious chocolate pot with a hint of miso & vanilla.
- Fresh Fruit – A refreshing mix of grapes, watermelon, pineapple & strawberries.
If you have any updates or comments about this, please add them below, we want this to be as updated as possible so any tips you have will be greatly appreciated!
Last Updated: 09 May 2019
First Written: 24 May 2015