Eating Vegan – Las Iguanas
With a wide variety of authentic South American food, fusing native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese, and African influences, Las Iguanas has slowly been growing all over the country. Their menu has always been vegan-friendly even 7 or 8 years ago, but recently they have upped their game with many more vegan options!
Check out the items below that are suitable for vegans:
Last updated: 04 Jan 2019
- Tortilla Chips & Dips – Spice-dusted corn chips with roasted tomato salsa, habanero & pepper salsa & green tomatillo & jalapeño salsa. Ask for the vegan option.
- Holy Guacamole – Make your own & season as you choose, with spice-dusted corn chips. Ask for the vegan option.
- Peruvian Botija Olives – Olives in a herby marinade.
- Nachos – Corn tortilla chips with melted cheese, topped with pico de gallo salsa, jalapeños, roasted tomato salsa, sour cream & guacamole. Add refried black beans / smoked chipotle pulled jackfruit & beetroot. Ask for the vegan option.
- Fiesta Ensalada – Roasted butternut squash, mixed leaves, carrot, cucumber, pink pickled onions, oven-dried tomatoes & fresh avocado, tossed in a poppy seed dressing. Topped with toasted pumpkin seeds, charred corn & roquito peppers.
- Quinoa & Avo Bowl – Full of goodness. Red & white quinoa supergrain tossed in fresh herb salsa with lime, spinach, okra & sultanas on crushed avocado. Topped with edible flowers, pink pickled onions, poppy seed dressing & roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Moqueca De Palmitos – Butternut squash, ethically sourced palm hearts, fine beans & spinach in a creamy coconut curry with charred red peppers, garlic & fresh tomatoes. With spring onion rice, sweet plantain, pico de gallo & coconut farofa to sprinkle. Ask for the vegan option.
- Veggie Chilli – Sweet potato, butternut squash & chickpeas braised with spiced tomatoes, served with spring onion rice, soft wheat tortillas, soured cream & pink pickled onions. Ask for the vegan option.
- Fajitas – Cooked to order in our special mix of spices, onions & peppers. With guacamole, grated cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, roasted tomato salsa & soft wheat tortillas. Choose the vegan portobello mushroom option.
- Fiesta Ensalada – Roasted butternut squash, mixed leaves, carrot, cucumber, pink pickled onions, oven-dried tomatoes & fresh avocado, tossed in a poppy seed dressing. Topped with toasted Pumpkin seeds, charred corn & roquito peppers. Can be topped with ethically sourced palm hearts.
- Quinoa & Avo Bowl – Full of goodness. Red & white quinoa tossed in a fresh herb salsa with lime, spinach, okra & sultanas. Topped with sliced avocado, pink pickled onion, poppy seed dressing, roasted pumpkin seeds & edible flowers.
- Refried Beans – With soured cream & cheese. Ask for the vegan option.
- Spring Greens – In a garlic & chilli butter. Ask for the vegan option.
- Spring Onion Rice – Lightly seasoned rice with garlic & spring onion.
- Mixed Salad – Mixed leaf salad with carrot & cucumber ribbons & roquito peppers, in a pequin pepper & agave dressing.
- Chocolate Coconut Tart – A rich indulgent chocolate & coconut tart dusted with cocoa, served with a scoop of our dairy-free coconut ice cream.
- Mango Sorbet – Three scoops of our handmade mango sorbet.
- Tembleque – A creamy, set coconut pudding with mixed berries & mango purée.
- Coconut Ice Cream – Three scoops of our dairy-free coconut ice cream.
- Malbec, Trapiche Melodias
- Pinot Noir, El Viejo Del Valle
- Reserva Rioja, Vega Del Ray
- Sauvignon Blanc, Mucho Mas
- Pinot Grigio, Trapiche Melodias
- Sauvignon Gris, El Viejo Del Valle
- Fiol Prosecco
- Crazy Quesadilla – Tortilla, folded, char-grilled and filled. With crunchy corn chips. Ask for the vegan garlicky chilli, thyme mushroom and melted cheese option.
- Sweet Potato Mash
- Peas and Sweetcorn
- Spring Greens
- Baked Beans
- Mixed Salad
- Fresh Fruit – Blueberries and Fresh Strawberries.
- Chilly Iggy Strawberry and Apple Ice Lolly – 100% real fruit ice lolly with no added sugar. 1 of your 5 a day, eat in or take away.
For more info, please check the Las Iguanas website
If you have any updates or comments about this, please add them below, we want this to be as updated as possible so any tips you have will be greatly appreciated!
Last updated: 04 Jan 2019
First published: 04 Jan 2019