Biriyani is a traditional Indian dish of rice and vegetables. It is often cooked in an oven. However, this is a time consuming process. The following recipe will give a quick but delicious vegan biriyani.
1. Chop cauliflower into large chunks.
2. Boil cauliflower (other vegetables such as potatoes or green beans can also be used as well) in a large pan of water for approximately 5 Minutes.
3. Drain cauliflower and set aside for later.
4. Chop onions and peppers, add to pan with oil and spices.
5. Fry onion, pepper, and spices at a low heat until onion is soft. If the mixture is sticking, add a little more oil.
6. Mix cauliflower with the other ingredients ensuring that the cauliflower is well covered in the mixture.
7. Take this off the heat and set aside.
8. Fill a large pan of water and bring to the boil. Add basmati rice and cook until tender.
9. Drain rice. Add rice to biriyani mixture prepared earlier.
10. Heat everything through thoroughly and serve with nan bread, garnished with a little coriander.
Serving Size 3 Servings