Eating Vegan – Zizzi
Zizzi is now the first national chain to offer vegan pizza (not just a no-cheese pizza!) a move that I hope will make the other Italian chains realize there is a need, and follow suit! 🙂 They have added nine new items to their menu, all vegan! But don't forget to ask for the vegan version of each as some have a non-vegan version (containing dairy).
Check out the items below that are suitable for vegans:
Starters & Sharers
- Zizzi mixed olives
- Nocellara giganti olives
- Zizzi Spicy Nuts
- Vegan bruschetta
- Vegan garlic bread
- Vegan ‘Beatball' Polpette
- Vegan Spaghetti Pomodoro – Tomato sauce with speciality tomatoes and basil, you can also add any of the following to make it your own: artichokes, fire roasted peppers, field mushrooms, black olives, green chillies, roasted red onions, or Spinach.
- Vegan Lentil Ragu – Rich Italian lentil ragu with linguine and fresh oregano.
- Vegan margherita – customize it with any of the following: artichokes, butternut squash, caramelised balsamic onions, roasted garlic cloves, fire roasted peppers, field mushrooms, black olives, green chillies, balsamic tomatoes, roasted red onions, spinach, sunblush tomatoes, baby watercress, roasted aubergine, rocket, or pine nuts. Choose the Classic or Rustica base.
- Vegan Zucca – Tomato, Mozzarisella, roasted butternut squash, caramelised onions, and spinach.
- Vegan Pepperonata – Tomato, Mozzarisella, fire-roasted peppers, sunblush tomatoes, hot roquito chillies, and pea shoots.
- Arcobaleno ‘Rainbow' Salad
- Tenderstem broccoli
- Mixed leaf, tomato & spring onion salad
- Green beans
- Italian naked slaw of rocket, fennel & beetroot
- Tuscan potatoes
Desserts & Gelato
- Vegan Chocolate & Praline Torte
- Vegan Dessert Calzone
- Gelato by the scoop – choose: Coconut & chocolate ripple, Lemon sorbet, and/or Strawberry sorbet.
For more info, please check the Zizzi's website
If you have any updates or comments about this, please add them below, we want this to be as updated as possible so any tips you have will be greatly appreciated!
First published: 12 Apr 2016
Last updated: 17 Mar 2018
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)